The stomach flu has hit my house, taking me down with it! Thus, in what I am sure will be a heartbreaking move for all of you, I am going to have to cancel class tomorrow [Monday, March 27th].
I have all of your shitty first drafts that you’ve submitted to Blackboard, and as I am able, I will be reading through them and giving you feedback tomorrow and certainly Tuesday. The due-date for Project 3 remains Wednesday (for now), though I have extended the time back until midnight. We will check in during class to see how everyone is doing and how to proceed.
In the meantime, there is still READER REVIEW to accomplish!! Here is your assignment:
- Whether with a classmate or a person outside of class, have a reader review your Project 3 draft.
- Make sure you talk to your reader about main concerns you have, and what you feel good about so far.
- Please have your reader MARK YOUR PAPER (either hand-written or with track-changes), indicating the following:
- Higher Order Concerns: especially your CLAIM statement
- Middle Order Concerns: especially your organization of paragraphs, transitions between sub-points, and use of evidence
- Lower Order Concerns: especially your quote sandwiches with in-text citations, and your Works Cited.
I have created a link under “Assignment Posting” on Blackboard where you can upload your Reader Review draft with comments for your full Reader Review participation points.
*Also, please note that you should post a Reflection Blog (Blog #9) about your drafting process for this project. The prompt is posted to our course site as per usual.
I hope to see you all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on WEDNESDAY (and I hope that I am feeling MUCH better by then!).
For now, please enjoy a bit of extra time in your Monday! And, as always, email me with any questions or concerns.